Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Friday, February 24, 2012
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
- Students need to select two books with a related theme or some other element that ties them together (written by the same author, same topic, etc.).
- Students then need to complete a summary activity for each book.
- Finally, students need to complete a DETAILED Venn diagram comparing and contrasting the two books.
- All projects are due by March 30th at 3 PM.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Monday, February 13, 2012
Students will have the opportunity to take their favorite song and through close analysis, prove it is poetry. Students will create a poster using the lyrics of the self-selected song and identify
- At least two of the three R’s of poetry
- Write examples of RHYME in green
- Write examples of REPETITION in blue
- Write examples of RHYTHM in red
- An example of ALLITERATION – underlined once
- At least three examples of FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE (simile, metaphor, onomatopoeia, hyperbole, personification, idiom) – circled and identified
- At least one example of IMAGERY or SYMBOLISM – underlined twice and explained in margin
Students will also write a paragraph on the back of their poster that clearly explains the theme or message of their song. The paragraph should be five to seven sentences and free of any grammatical errors.Students will also present his or her findings to the class in a two to three minute presentation. Students will explain the elements of poetry found in the song, its theme, and a final conclusion as to whether or not the song is actually poetry. Students can use music and/or video clips to enhance their presentation.
Monday, February 13th – Introduce Project
Tuesday, February 14th and Wednesday, February 15th – In-class Work Days
Thursday, February 16th and Friday, February 17th – Presentation Days
Friday, February 3, 2012
Excellence - Jahmakah S.
Most Improved - Mukoma M.
Excellence - Sarah B.
Most Improved - Kapri D.
Excellence - Sierra D.
Most Improved - Ricky P.
Excellence - Nina W.
Most Improved - Yasin K.