Next week, seventh grade students will begin a drama project. Details for the project are below:
Each student will employ the elements of drama that we have been studying in class in order to create, edit, and stage an original drama.
1. Team captains will be appointed by Ms. Short and cooperative teams will be chosen.
2. Students will be assigned a topic on which to base their play.
3. Students will brainstorm and storyboard their play.
4. Students will assign group roles such as scriptwriter, costumer, scenery decorator, etc.
5. Students will write and edit their scripts, create scenery and costumes, and begin practicing their
6. Students will meet with Ms. Short periodically to discuss their group’s progress and ask for any
7. Students will present their dramas in front of the class.
*Throughout the entire project, the group leader will be responsible for logging the activities of each student in the group. Logs will be reviewed and collected by Ms. Short on a regular basis.
Monday, May 9th, 2011 – Introduction of Project, Choose Teams, Assign Topics
Tuesday, May 10th – Friday, May 13th, 2011 – Project Work Days
Friday, May 13th, 2011 – Rough Draft of Scripts due to Ms. Short*
Monday, May 16th, 2011 – Dress Rehearsal
Tuesday, May 17th, 2011 – Dress Rehearsal (if needed) or Performance Day
Tuesday, May 17th and Thursday, May 19th, 2011 – Performance Days